Дата публикации:
icon10
F1NT

dev/mosk
Group Icon

Из: Нижний Новгород

Респектов: 201
-----XX---

Snownews is a text mode RSS/RDF newsreader. It supports all versions of RSS natively and supports other formats via plugins.

The program depends on ncurses for the user interface and uses libxml2 for XML parsing. ncurses must be at least version 5.0. It should work with any version of libxml2.
Features
Runs on Linux, *BSD, OS X (Darwin), Solaris and probably many more Unices. Yes, even works under Cygwin.
Fast and very resource friendly.
Builtin HTTP client will follow server redirects and update feed URLs that point to permanent redirects (301) automatically.
Snownews understands "Not-Modified" (304) server replies and handles gzip compression.
Local cache for minimal network traffic.
HTTP proxy support.
HTTP authentication support (basic and digest methods).
Optional, basic cookie support.
A help menu available throughout the program.
Automatic update checking (can be deactivated).
Few dependencies on external libraries; ncurses and libxml2.
Import feature for OPML subscription lists.
Fully customizable key bindings of all program functions.
Type Ahead Find for quick and easy navigation.
Color support.
Extensible via plugins.
Feed categories and many other useful features!
Reviews

The reviews page lists links to various pages that either mentioned Snownews in one way or another or posted a full review of it. The list is sorted alphabetically and has reviews regardless of their opinion about Snownews. Of course I like the positive reviews more. wink.gif

If you want to have a link to your review here, just drop me a note. I don't have enough time to search the web for new reviews on a daily basis so this is more updated on a "send me links" basis.

Размер 163кб

http://kiza.kcore.de/...s-1.5.8.tar.gz
Go topGo end

Topic Options
Сейчас: 20.04.2024 - 16:49
Мобильная версия | Lite версия