Твой софтовый форум > Software > SoftoRooM

unRAID Server Pro 6.12.10

ОС и ваши данные в безопасности, OS performance, VMs

Дата публикации: 16.04.2024 - 18:09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
ibere
Цитата | Quote(inraider @ 28.02.2024 - 12:57)
Plugin sources in here (line 2191): https://github.com/Squ...ests.php#L2191

$go = file_get_contents("/boot/config/go");
  if ( strpos($go,"/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /boot/config/unraider") ) {

It is just reading and matching "/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /boot/config/unraider"-line in the go-file, you can easily bypass unraider check by adding one more space in between or by renaming the file so that the search does not match.

Thank you so much biggrin.gif
Zippi
Цитата | Quote(inraider @ 28.02.2024 - 11:57)

It is just reading and matching "/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /boot/config/unraider"-line in the go-file, you can easily bypass unraider check by adding one more space in between or by renaming the file so that the search does not match.

Thank you! biggrin.gif
kaffkadmtri
Well that explains that the plugin doesnt have any indication that unraider is unsafe based on behaviour recognition or such, but it doesnt provide any information wether or not unraider is actually malicious.

Without the source code or disasembling the files its not easy to know, infact the best way to know for sure would be to have the source code and then compile it yourself. The source code for the crack actually used to be open source until around the 6.11.x versions of unraid but it was made closed source at some point, probably to make it slightly harder for unraider devs to counter the crack.

However this has always been the way with piracy, to save some money you accept the risk that comes with cracks wink.gif If you cant accept the risk and dont trust the crackers you should buy the software (or crack it yourself).

PS: If you're on the fence about purchasing, now is probably a good time since they are about to change the licensing options. Personally I've bought two Pro licenses already, i just keep running the cracks since i cant stand the way they bind the license to a USB device... If only this crack would let me install on SD cards i'd be in heaven wub.gif .
obsraniec
Цитата | Quote(inraider @ 28.02.2024 - 12:57)

Works!
inraider
yep, it is always a cat and mouse game. Fix common problem problems plugin malware warning note is more like insider joke, so if people complain about it on public forums then they know that you are running a cracked version.

Few years ago, I did a quick python binary patcher for personal use (which patched shfs and emhttp) which I never released to public, which turned V4 and V5 versions from basic to pro and also patching the usb drive check was just a simple "jns" -> "jmp" instruction change which allowed to use use any media for booting (sd-cards, ssd-drives, etc). I haven't checked if the check is as simple as it was earlier in the latest version. But most likely still would be doable by binary patching (or by creating fake "ln -s" usb device link for the flashGUID, vendor id and product id).

I quite liked when someone figured out the LD_PRELOAD method, as with that you didn't need to patch the binaries anymore. But as method became too popular devs blocked it. I disassembled the latest unraider to see what it does (to see if I can still trust it) and as hook.so method is blocked (by moving rsa functions inside binary), crack has switched back to binary patching, so a new mouse and cat race. As such crack seems pretty OK as it searches and patches a few blacklist check pointers and replaces 256 bytes in a strategic place.
kaffkadmtri
Цитата | Quote(inraider @ 2.03.2024 - 16:55)
yep, it is always a cat and mouse game. Fix common problem problems plugin malware warning note is more like insider joke, so if people complain about it on public forums then they know that you are running a cracked version.

Few years ago, I did a quick python binary patcher for personal use (which patched shfs and emhttp)  which I never released to public, which turned V4 and V5 versions from basic to pro and also patching the usb drive check was just a simple "jns" -> "jmp" instruction change which allowed to use use any media for booting (sd-cards, ssd-drives, etc). I haven't checked if the check is as simple as it was earlier in the latest version. But most likely still would be doable by binary patching (or by creating fake "ln -s" usb device link for the flashGUID, vendor id and product id).

I quite liked when someone figured out the LD_PRELOAD method, as with that you didn't need to patch the binaries anymore. But as method became too popular devs blocked it. I disassembled the latest unraider to see what it does (to see if I can still trust it) and as hook.so method is blocked (by moving rsa functions inside binary), crack has switched back to binary patching, so a new mouse and cat race. As such crack seems pretty OK as it searches and patches a few blacklist check pointers and replaces 256 bytes in a strategic place.

Thanks for taking the time to dig into it and share your findings.

One more thing thou, does this patching take place in ram or on the stored files? I ask because that probaly affects people who wish to go legit down the road. Should they restore any original files or are they fine to just remove the crack and restore the original GO file and add their license?
ibere
It would be great if someone knowledgeable among us could provide an explanation regarding the safety of the crack file, as many of us are using this crack file, and there are numerous personal files, such as family photos, on many people's Unraid servers. No one wants these files to fall into someone else's hands.
inraider
It's great software, so if you find it valuable and are unsure about the crack, then you should buy Pro license (I have nothing to do with unraider, just happy end user).

Latest unraider patches emhttpd on each reboot after it has been extracted. So reversing back to stock firmware is simple as commenting out unraider and deleting the .key file, and after a reboot you are back to stock version.

Having said that, I did a deep dive decompilation into current Unraid version after not looking decompilations since early V5 versions. Unraid has added some small obfuscation on some of the strings, but after I figured that one out, then I found couple other ways to patch the system as the checking functions are quite similar to earlier versions. But I'll leave those for my personal arsenal if current way gets blocked some day. Since unraider decompilation looks safe and the way it patches things is nice, I'll continue to use it for now.
bugmenot
Цитата | Quote(inraider @ 3.03.2024 - 13:03)
I found couple other ways to patch the system as the checking functions are quite similar to earlier versions. But I'll leave those for my personal arsenal if current way gets blocked some day.

So in theory if s**t hit the fan, thare is possibility to continue patching new releases, by you or someone else
Youblad78
Thanks you for your tips.

How do you edit the file for this problem ? :

Im using Dynamix File Manager but i cant edit the files
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, пройдите по ссылке: unRAID Server Pro 6.12.10
SoftoRooM © 2004-2024